16 January 2010

weather transitions

16.1.10

a grey, windy day finally turns idyllic and sunbrilliant after a full afternoon in the choppy, chilly pacific with kelp and ten-foot swells-- though the mid-fifties feel like a warm bath after a couple of weeks at 34 degrees and below.

the massage tent on the beach, flaps billowing in the wind, is welcoming and calm. I'm happy to have gotten my last long swim out of the way before Puerto Williams, and relieved to have my qualifier done. now I can rest....

Cristian hasn't been feeling well and is laying low. I'm sure he'll pull through when we get some ceviche and pisco sours for dinner. tomorrow we leave before dawn for Punta Arenas, and hopefully get in the Strait of Magellan for a return to more frigid temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment